Haven't been blogging in here for awhile due to work commitments and having an internship report to submit back to my Polytechnic (which I done but my supervisor is still looking into it). However, that aside, I am going to talk about yesterday's AVSW.
Yesterday, I went to A Very Special Walk (AVSW) event with some of my old school friends. This was my first time attending this event after the pandemic, as well as my first time attending AVSW after a few years hiatus. AVSW is an annual fundraising event organized by Autism Resource Centre (Singapore) or ARC(S) since 2005. Also, as this year is Pathlight School's 20th Anniversary, its birthday was celebrated in conjunction. Hence this year's AVSW is also known as A Very Special Celebration.
This year, the AVSW is held at Pathlight School Campus 2 Annex. As of now, Pathlight have two campuses, where Campus 1 is located along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 while Campus 2 is located along Ang Mo Kio Street 44. A third campus at Tampines is currently underway and is slated for completion by next year.
Activities
To participate in the A Very Special Celebration event, participants are to buy coupons for the activities they wish to partake in or to buy any foods, drinks, or souvenirs from the Art Faculty. In addition, there are also performances by Pathlight students, volunteers, as well as the long-awaited Harvard Din & Tonics music group.
Haven't been to Campus 2 Annex for quite a long time
Coupons can be purchased at the booth located at the entrance
Ice Cream and Drinks booth
Professor Brawn booth
The Din & Tonics booth, where I bought a postcard and card for $25 as AVSW coupons cannot be used for their merch.
Mario and chicken rice
More game booths at the hall on the 2nd floor, with an inflatable slide.
Saw one of the teachers, Ms Shereen. She was away at Czech Republic before she returned to Pathlight.
Games outside the building
The Shooting Star booth, where players is to throw a ball and aim at the stacked metal cans. Afterwards, players will get a large Uncle Ringo balloon, shown in the first picture below. Look at the size of that sitting on my foyer bench.
What is Uncle Ringo? (according to the website)
Uncle Ringo has been a household name since 1984 and has organized countless carnivals, fun-fairs, theme parties, product launches, fund-raising charities, school events. We take pride in being Singapore’s longest-standing and leading provider of carnivals and family entertainment.
As the top carnival event planner in Singapore, Uncle Ringo provides an extensive range of attractions, activities, and carnival equipment for rental. Rental includes Carnival Rides, Carnival Game stalls, Inflatable Bouncy Castles, party equipment, and many more.
Because of the presence of balloons made in the shape of Uncle Ringo's mascot, I have the feeling that the carnival is also organized by Uncle Ringo.
Kuromi balloon from the balloon booth besides the Din n Tonics booth.
After the event ended, me and my friends took bus 261 went to eat Pepper Lunch at AMK Hub. While walking from Pathlight Campus 2 to the bus stop, I took pictures of Campus 2 Main and the temple besides it (sorry for blurry pic because I was trying to catch up with friends while doing it) because I want to keep a piece of my visitation as a memory.
After alighting bus 261, we cross a road to get to Ang Mo Kio Station, where there is an underpass to AMK Hub.
Conclusion
The AVSW have been very eventful, as I got a chance to hang out with my old school friends, participate in the different game booths, and watch the Din & Tonics performing. One particular part of the Din & Tonics that I enjoyed is when they sang a good old Chinese song called 月亮代表我的心 or The Moon Represents my heart by Teresa Teng. Also, I have met my former teachers Ms Fiona and Mrs Jefferson, as well as Ms Shereen.
Referenceshttps://avsw.autism.org.sg/
No comments:
Post a Comment